Some Un-Known Facts About Ravi Kishan
- Ravi Kishan is a renowned Bhojpuri actor and politician who has acted in many Bollywood films, including Tere Naam (2003), Phir Hera Pheri (2006), and Welcome to Sajjanpur (2008). When Ravi disclosed in March 2023 that he had once been approached by a film producer for sexual favors when he was going through a difficult moment in his career, the news went viral.
- After a disagreement in his family’s dairy business resulted in its closure, Ravi’s family moved to Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh, when he was ten years old. Ravi was born and raised in a chawl in Santacruz, Mumbai. Up until the age of seventeen, Ravi lived with his family in Jaunpur, where he assisted them in farming their ancestral land. During an interview, Ravi discussed it and stated,
I was merely uninterested in studying during my seven years in Jaunpur. We were extremely impoverished and only had some land for farming. We couldn’t even afford to buy my mother a sari for Diwali because we were living in a mud house. I detested the idea of leaving Mumbai and believed I would either go insane, die, or turn into a goonda.
- When Ravi was younger, he used to sell newspapers in Jaunpur to support his family financially.
- Ravi was in class 11 when he got married to Preeti.
- His mother gave him Rs. 500 when he was 17 years old, and he ran away from home to come to Mumbai to pursue an acting career.
- He was in the film Ramleela, in which he was Sita.
- He received Rs. 5000 for his B-grade debut film, “Pitambar.” During an interview, Ravi stated:
I fled my house in order to travel to Mumbai. After staying in our previous 10 by 12 square foot apartment, I ran into my old friend Hriday Shetty, who put me in touch with a filmmaker. I made my first five thousand and got my first B-grade film, Pitambar. After purchasing a bike, I began to struggle.
- During an interview, Ravi discussed his motivations for leaving his house and stated,
My father used to beat me severely with a belt and ask, “Yeh tum nachaniya kya ban rahe ho?” He wanted me to work in the milk industry.
- In 1994, Ravi appeared in several movies, such as Udhaar Ki Zindagi, Aag Aur Chingari, and Zakhmi Dil.
- He played the part of Shri Krishna in the 1997 mythological TV series Jai Hanuman.
- When Ravi Kishan was trying to make a name for himself in Bollywood, he received an offer to appear in a Bhojpuri movie. During an interview, he discussed it and stated,
I used to be unemployed in Bollywood when I got an offer for a Bhojpuri movie. I gave my mother a call. In our near-Bhoppur home, we speak Awadhi. “Do it for your village people,” she said. My life was changed when I succeeded in becoming a Bhojpuri superstar.
- He appeared in the 2000 season of the Hindi mythological TV series Vishnu Puran, where he portrayed Sudhanva.
- His breakthrough performance came in the 2003 film “Tere Naam,” in which he portrayed “Rameshwar,” a priest. He drew inspiration for his role in the movie from his father, who was a priest by coincidence. He appeared on screen alongside Salman Khan in the movie.
- Ravi Kishan received an offer to star in the Bhojpuri movie Saiyaan Hamar that same year.
- Ravi Kishan portrayed Raghuveer in the first and second episodes of the Hindi TV series Khauff, which aired on Sony SAB.
- Ravi secured a role in the 2004 Bhojpuri film Pandit Ji Batai Na Biyah Kab Hoi.
- Ravi made his Bhojpuri film debut as Shankar in Kab Hoi Milanwa Hamar that same year.
- In 2004 he was cast as Raghu Shetty in the Hindi movie Aan: Men at Work.
- Ravi made an appearance as Gangster Chhote in the 2006 Hindi comedy film Phir Hera Pheri.
- In Bigg Boss 1, he finished as the second runner-up in 2006. In an interview, Ravi discussed his involvement in the show and stated that his wife had advised him not to, despite his initial reluctance.
- Captain Jacob, a Hindi war film from 2007, starred Ravi Kishan as an army officer.
- He dubbed Peter Parker’s/Spider-Man’s voice in Bhojpuri for the movie Spider-Man that same year.
- He served as the host of the first and second seasons of Imagine TV’s reality series Raaz Pichhle Janam Ka.
- He starred in the Bhojpuri films Ganga and Ab Ta Banja Sajanwa Hamaar in the same year.
- In 2007, he was cast in Banke Biharee M.L.A.
- In the 2008 Hindi comedy film Welcome to Sajjanpur, he played the role of Ram Kumar.
- He was cast as Raghav Raghuvaran in the Bollywood movie Luck in 2009.
- He appeared on screen alongside Jackie Shroff in the Bhojpuri movie Balidaan that same year.
- He starred in the 2011 Hindi film Tanu Weds Manu with R. Madhavan and Kangana Ranaut.
- In the same year, he was cast in Hamaar Devdas, a Bhojpuri adaptation of the Hindi movie Devdas.
- Ke Bani Crorepati, a 2011 Bhojpuri reality TV series based on the Hindi quiz show Kaun Banega Crorepati, featured him as a host.
- His well-known dialogue, “Zindagi Jhandwa…Phir Bhi Ghamandwa,” is well-known.
- He made an appearance in the Bollywood film Agent Vinod in 2012 as Rajan.
- In the 2012 Hindi film Jeena Hai, he imitated Aamir Khan’s train stunt from Ghulam to Thok Daal.
- He starred in two Bhojpuri movies in the same year: Prem Vidrohi and Kaisan Piyawa Ke Charitar Ba.
- He took part in “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5” in 2012.
- In 2013, he acted in multiple Bollywood films, including Mere Dad Ki Maruti as Pathan, Issaq as Teeta Singh (Tybalt), and Bajatey Raho as Mohanlal Sabharwal.
- He ran for the Congress party in the 2014 Lok Sabha seat of Jaunpur but was defeated by Bharatiya Janata Party’s Krishna Pratap Singh (BJP).
- He was cast in the Bhojpuri movie Lakhon Mein Ek Hamar Bhauji (2014).
- He participated in the inaugural Box Cricket League (BCL) season that year as a cricket player for the Rowdy Bangalore team.
- He is devoted to the Hindu god Shiva.
- He is Saif Ali Khan’s close friend.
- He played Siva Reddy in the Telugu movie Aagadu in 2014.
- In the 2014 general elections, Ravi Kishan received 42,759 votes, but he did not win.
- In 2015, he starred as Jayaraj’s brother in Bruce Lee: The Fighter and as Solomon Singh Thakur in Kick 2.
- In 2015, Ravi filed a missing person’s report in Mumbai after discovering that one of his daughters had left the house without telling him or his spouse.
- In the Bhojpuri adaptation of the Telugu film Brindavanam, Hum Hai Jodi No.1, he played the character of Raja in 2016.
- He played Sanjay Kumar in the 2017 motion picture Mukkabaaz.
- He made an appearance in the Gujarati film Hameer the same year as Veersingh/Raghuveer.
- In an interview, Ravi stated that he felt abandoned by the INC’s leadership after his loss in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, which is why he left the INC and joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 2017. Speaking of it, he stated,
“It was an error. No one in the party high command contacted me after I lost the election. I felt miserable”
- In the 2017 Bhojpuri film Kaashi Amarnath, he was cast in the role of Amarnath.
- He was cast as MLA Sujatha in the Telugu movie Radha that same year.
- He made an appearance in the Telugu film Saakshyam in 2018 as Veeraswamy.
- He made an appearance in the ZEE5 web series Rangbaaz the same year as Chandrabhan Singh.
- On September 26, 2018, Ravi founded Ravikishan Productions And Media Private Limited, a production company.
- He had an appearance in the 2019 Bollywood film Batla House as Krishan Kumar “K.K.” Verma, a police officer.
- He was cast as Sanjay in the Tamil movie Sangathamizhan that same year.
- In the general elections of 2019, Ravi Kishan Shukla received 7,17,122 votes, which was a margin of 3,01,664 votes over his nearest rival, Rambhual Nishad of the Samajwadi Party (SP). In an interview, Ravi disclosed that he ran for Gorakhpur in the elections at the request of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- He was cast as Ravikant Nagaich in the Telugu movie NTR: Kathanayakudu, which was released in 2019.
- In 2020, he hosted the Crime Stop crime series on Hindi TV.
- He made an appearance in the Kannada film Drona that same year, where he took on the roles of Shivarjuna as Ramappa and Uday Krishna.
- In 2021, Ravi Kishan committed to an acting role in the Hindi films Dehati Disco and Boondi Raita.
- He made an appearance in the Telugu movie Hero that same year, playing the part of Saleem Bhai.
- He made an appearance in the Kannada film Roberrt in 2021 as MLA Tripathi.
- In Matsya Kaand, a 2021 MX Player web series, Ravi Kishan played a police officer.
- In the web series The Whistleblower, which debuted on SonyLIV that same year, he played Jairaj Jatav.
- Bollywood film Love You Loktantra, released in 2022, starred Ravi Kishan.
- He played Selfie Singh in the Bhojpuri movie Mera Bharat Mahan that same year.
- Ravi Kishan was cast as Abhyuday Singh in the 2022 web series Khakee: The Bihar Chapter, which was broadcast on Netflix.
- He appeared in the Gujarati film Baap No Bagicho, released in 2022.
- Ravi has consistently voiced support for the Indian government’s adoption of a bill to control population growth. In an interview in 2022, Ravi aimed at the INC and claimed that the only reason he had four children was because Congress had not passed a strong population control law. He discussed it and stated,
“I do, in fact, have four kids. I am aware of how difficult it is to raise them. After much struggle, I finally tasted success. At first, we had to select between money and work. My wife was tall and thin, and I noticed that her health was getting worse after the first and second deliveries. I used to be constantly busy shooting because I was having so much trouble at the time. Hote gaye bachhe paida. lacked clarity in that moment. However, looking at my wife now that I’m wealthy and successful makes me feel bad”
- In addition to his work in movies, Ravi Kishan has done commercials for several well-known companies, including UltraTech Cement, Dabur Lal Dant Manjan, Tata Salt, and Maggi.
- Rajat Sharma discussed his experience on the casting couch in the entertainment industry in March 2023 on his show Aap Ki Adalat. He also mentioned that he was able to escape. He claimed he couldn’t identify the offender because she had become well-known. He continued,
“Coffee peene raat me aayie” (Come over for a cup of coffee tonight) was her words. It seemed to me that people would rather have that during the day. I thus took the hint and said no”
- When he was offered a part in the 2011 Bollywood film Gangs of Wasseypur, Rajat Sharma confirmed in March 2023 on his show Aap Ki Adalat that the rumors about his demands—that he be given liters of milk to bathe in and rose petals to sleep on—were true. He declared,
“Ishwarya ki pankhuriyon pe sota tha, aur doodh se nahata tha? Although he is the main actor, he is still very much in the background. Al Pacino and Robert De Niro’s film was initially delayed, but it quickly picked up steam as the actors became closer and closer to each other. Godfather 500 bhai na hindi kahi, aur main desi breed kahi. Well, Khair, at least they don’t seem to be too far away. It is true that I used to take milk baths and sleep on rose petals. Mujhe lagta tha ke main doodh se naha ke jaunga toh yeh charcha rahegi ki yeh doodh se nahata hai. I used to believe that I was a huge star and that this was significant. People used to show me movies starring Al Pacino and Robert De Niro and tell me about their past behavior. I am a Desi performer, even though I have seen The Godfather 500 times. Yes, I did make these demands in the past. I reasoned that people would talk about my milk bath”
- Yogi Adityanath, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, is very close to Ravi. In an interview, he stated that he spoke with the chief minister in Bhojpuri even when they were debating significant issues.
- He claims that while his wife is sleeping, Ravi touches her feet to receive her blessings.
- Ravi used to be appointed to the governing body of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). He has also been a member of Sangeet Natak Akademi.
- In an interview, Ravi disclosed that after cutting his thumb to apply tilak on Ravi Kishan’s forehead, he once raised his hand at a fan in front of his mother.
- Renowned Bollywood director Anurag Kashyap claims that Ravi used to smoke marijuana. Speaking in an interview, he stated,
“I acted with Ravi Kishan in Mukkabaaz, my last movie. Jai Shiv Shankar, Jai Bam Bhole is how Ravi Kishan begins each day. Jai shiv Shambhu He has been a cannabis user for the longest amount of his life. Life goes on. Everyone is aware of it. Everyone on the planet is aware. Not a single person is unaware that Ravi Kishan is an avid smoker. Given that he became a minister, he could have cleaned up and quit by now”
- Ravi has two dogs as pets: a Rottweiler and a canine named Winter. He adores animals.