Some Un-Known Facts About Harnaaz Sandhu
- Model Harnaaz Sandhu, an Indian, took home the title of Miss Universe 2021. The event took place in Eilat, Israel on December 12, 2021.
- Her family relocated to England in 2006, but they returned to India after two years. They made their home in Chandigarh, where Harnaaz completed her schooling. She began her career as a model when she was in her teens. She took part in several fashion and modeling events before being pointed in the direction of the pageant.
- Harnaaz Sandhu won the 2017 Miss Chandigarh pageant, earning her first beauty title. In the same year, she also took home the Timesfreshface Miss Chandigarh title.
- Harnaaz Sandhu won the title of Miss Max Emerging Star India in 2018. The Max Emerging Star 2018 Grand Finale took place at Mumbai’s Infiniti Mall in Malad. Megastars Terrence Lewis, Dabboo Ratnani, and Project Head – Max Emerging Star, Marc Robinson, were among the star-studded cast of the show’s finale. Imtiaz Haque from Bhubaneshwar and Harnaaz Kaur Sandhu from Chandigarh were named the 2018 Mr. Max Emerging Stars.
- Following that, Harnaaz Sandhu took part in the Femina Miss India 2019 pageant. She placed among the Top 12 despite facing competition from 29 other candidates nationwide. The match took place in Mumbai, India at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium.
- Harnaaz’s father claims that at first, he was not aware that his daughter had a desire to compete in beauty pageants. Harnaaz, her brother, and her mother kept it a secret from her father until she emerged victorious in her first competition. When he told the media this tale, Harnaaz’s father stated,
“Her brother and mother kept her participation in her first pageant from me. They didn’t inform me of her interest until after she won. My daughter didn’t need to hide her interests, I told her right away. She needs to focus on her strengths because the times have changed.”
- Harnaaz Sandhu made it to the top 50 semifinals of Miss Diva 2021 in 2021. She was chosen to be one of the competition’s Top 20 finalists on August 23, 2021. Harnaaz Sandhu identified herself during the introduction round as,
“From a little child with mental health issues who endured body shaming and bullying to a woman who, like a phoenix, rose to the surface and realized her full potential. From a person who used to question her own existence to a woman who wants to motivate young people. I proudly present myself to the universe today as a fearless, vibrant, and caring woman who is prepared to make a lasting impact and live a life with meaning.”
- Harnaaz Sandhu was one of the top 5 finalists in the competition after using her charm and intelligence to win every round. She was asked to give a speech on the subject of “Global Warming and Climate Change” during the last round of questions and answers,
Life will pass before your eyes one day; make sure it’s worth seeing. But in a world where the environment is perishing and the climate is changing, this is not the life you want to witness. It is among the environmental disasters caused by humans. I firmly think that we still have time to change our careless actions. All we have in common is Earth, and when our little deeds add up to billions, they have the power to change the entire planet. Turn off those extra lights when not in use starting tonight. I’m grateful.
- Harnaaz Sandhu’s pageant journey left judges extremely impressed, and she was ultimately crowned Miss Diva 2021 (Miss Diva Universe) by the titleholder Adline Castelino.
- Harnaaz also took home several other titles from the Miss Diva 2021 beauty pageant, including Miss Beautiful Skin, Miss Beach Body, Miss Beautiful Smile, Miss Photogenic, and Miss Talented.
- Harnaaz claims that she is motivated by her mother, who defied patriarchy for generations to lead her family and succeed as a gynecologist. Additionally, Harnaaz advocates for feminine hygiene awareness. She also coordinated a free health camp for women while serving as Miss Diva in collaboration with the Israel Embassy, the Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, and Khushi (NGO). Speaking of her time at the camp, Harnaaz remarked,
“Awareness of breast and cervical cancer was the focus of the camp. In order to eradicate the stigma associated with feminine hygiene issues, I urged women to speak up about their concerns without holding back. In addition to organizing free cleft surgeries for children from disadvantaged backgrounds, they have carried out more than six lakh cleft surgeries in India”
- Harnaaz Sandhu was given the chance to represent India at the 70th Miss Universe beauty pageant, which took place in Israel on December 12, 2021, after winning the title of Miss Diva 2021. Steve Harvey served as the competition’s host, and Fox served as the official broadcaster.
- The Miss Universe competition featured multiple stages, such as exhibits of swimsuits, evening gowns, and national costumes, along with a set of interview questions designed to assess the candidates’ public speaking abilities. In the round of questions and answers, she was asked,
“What guidance would you offer young ladies watching on how to handle the pressures of the modern world?”
“Believing in oneself is the largest pressure facing today’s youth. You are beautiful because you are aware of your uniqueness. Give up comparing yourself to other people and let’s discuss more significant global events. You are the head of your life, so speak up and speak for yourself. Your voice is uniquely yours. I am standing here today because I had faith in myself.”
- Harnaaz Sandhu placed among the top three competitors following her impactful response in the public speaking round. Harnaaz Sandhu was proclaimed the winner of the Miss Universe 2021 beauty pageant after all rounds were finished. Andrea Meza, the 2020 Miss Universe from Mexico, crowned Harnaaz Sandhu as her successor.
- Congratulations were sent to Miss Universe 2021, Harnaaz Sandhu, from all over the world. Via their social media accounts, India’s former Miss Universe contest winners, Sushmita Sen (1994) and Lara Dutta (2000), congratulated Harnaaz. Additionally, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi wished the new Miss Universe on Twitter.
- In response to the countless calls, congrats, and overwhelming show of support, Harnaaz Sandhu stated,
“I still find it hard to believe all of this. Unbelievable is the only word that comes to mind when I try to explain how I feel. I will never be able to adequately describe the feeling I had when I heard the name of my nation, “India,” announced on that stage during the winner’s announcement. Everyone around me started crying as well. I could not believe that this was all actually happening, even though we had been waiting for this day for 21 years. I still find it hard to believe.”
- Harnaaz’s mother claims that her son is deeply devout and frequently attends Gurdwaras to ask for God’s blessing. Her mom stated,
“Harnaaz is deeply religious as well. To give thanks to God for her success, we will undoubtedly go to the Golden Temple in Amritsar. I won’t pressure her to do anything after this, but she enjoys working with disadvantaged children, so I’ll support her in doing so and advocating for women’s empowerment.”
- In 2022, two Punjabi films in which Harnaaz Sandhu starred will be released. Actress Upasana Singh, known for “The Kapil Sharma Show,” revealed that she has already signed on for two new Punjabi films. Harnaaz Sandhu and Upasana Singh are very close. Upasana hosted Harnaaz while she was in town for the Miss Universe pageant. Upasana claims that Harnaaz Sandhu called her after she was crowned and made a promise to meet her at her house as soon as she arrived in Mumbai. Upasana expressed,
“After taking home the crown, she yelled at me over the phone that she had kept her word. Through the phone, I could feel her happiness. In fact, I started crying uncontrollably when I spoke with Harnaaz. I had the impression that my kid had done something. Harnaaz stays with me whenever she visits Mumbai. We boarded her for five days after Miss India’s training began. She stated that she would visit my house first as soon as she arrived in Mumbai (from Israel).”
- She speaks English, Punjabi, and Hindi with ease.
- She was severely teased on social media in March 2022 due to her weight gain, so she disclosed that she had been diagnosed with celiac disease, a gluten-sensitive illness. Speaking about this in an interview, she stated,
“I’m one of those people who was bullied for being too skinny at first, and now they bully me for being fat. No one is aware of my celiac disease. that among many other things, I am unable to eat wheat flour.”
- If you are searching for her Instagram official account click on this link.